Mason Jars as Biscuit Cutters
(Shown here for cutting pastry dough but can be used for biscuits also)
Buttermilk Biscuit Recipe
2 cups of self rising flour
(I’ve heard from multiple sources that White Lily Flour is the best as it is winter soft wheat and tastes the best)
1/3 cup of shortening
2/3 cup of buttermilk
1. Combine flour and shortening.
2. Add in buttermilk and mix for approx. 1 minute.
3. Roll out to about 3/4- 1 in thickness and cut with your mason jar.
4. Bake at 450 for about 8 min.
5. Brush tops with melted butter.